There are 10 days between right now and Roadkill Nights in Pontiac, Michigan on August 19th. That means that you can pretty much make it there from anywhere, if you start now.
Why do you want to be at Roadkill Nights in Pontiac on August 19th? So many reasons! Here’s one reason for every day between now and August 19th as to why you should head to Pontiac.
1. Freiburger and Finnegan and Fred will be there. So you can see them, or meet them, or get their autographs, or tell them straight-up what’s wrong with their facial hair and clothing choices.
2. There will be drag racing. Root for your favorite Dodge or non-Dodge in street-style drag racing on Woodward Avenue. Troy Aves who won in Kansas City will be there, so you can challenge him as defending champ. Winners will take home thousands of dollars and other cool stuff thanks to sponsors like Gear Vendors. Try racing on this road any other time and your only prize will be an overnight stay in a jail cell.
3. There will be exhibition runs. Not only will every car racing on the dragstrip be cool by the very fact that it’s all street-legal racing, and that’s automatically cool, but there will be wheelstanders and flamethrowers and Roadkill car burnouts. So much win for your Instagram account.
4. You can buy Roadkill and Dirt Every Day stuff. Come naked, leave clothed. (Don’t really come naked. It’s going to be a hot day. You’ll get sunburned on your bits.)
5. There’s a dyno! CRC Industries (Brakleen) is sponsoring the dyno runs so you can find out how many limping horses are left in your junkyard motor, or just watch other people rev up their crap. Conveniently, there will also be Brakleen giveaways, so you can clean all the grease off your hands after you touch the Roadkill cars. Sign-ups for the dyno open this week. Stay tuned.
6. Dodge Thrill Rides. How many of your friends have drifted in a Viper or a Hellcat? Make sure you aren’t the only one who hasn’t.
7. Show off! There’s a car show so Freiburger, Finnegan, Elana, and Fred can look at your cars! Want to be featured on Roadkill.com? Entering the Premium Show ‘n’ Shine is a great way to make sure your car gets noticed.
8. Eat stuff. Make sure Friday is your cheat day, ‘cause you know how good midway food is.
9. Buy parts. Heck, enter your half-built car in the Show ‘n’ Shine and walk the midway buying parts until you can drive it out. Why not?
10. Say you were there. Sure, you can see all the photos here at Roadkill.com and you can watch live video on Facebook and all, but can you say you were there? Don’t you want to be part of Roadkill legend? You have 10 days to get there. Start now. Go HERE to register.
Noon – 10:00 p.m.
Featuring Drag Racing on Woodward Avenue, Dodge Thrill Rides and Displays, Show ‘n’ Shine Area, Live Music, Premium Giveaways and Much More!!
Registration for Drag Racers and VIP Ticket holders at 8:00 a.m.
All Drag Racers MUST attend the driver’s meeting at 12:15 p.m. in order to be allowed to race. All Drag Racers MUST pass tech inspection in order to be allowed to race.
Gates Open for Show ‘n’ Shine Ticket holders at 11:00 a.m.
Gates Open for General Admission at Noon
Dodge Thrill Rides begin at Noon
Drag Racing begins at 1:00pm
Dyno Testing just added! Sign up to have your car tested on the CRC Mobile Dyno. Every car that is tested gets an official print-out of the horsepower and torque generated during testing. Purchase time slot under tickets.
General Admission is FREE
Food & Beverage will be available for purchase on-site
Parking near the M1 Concourse, shuttles will be provided